Santa's Sack o' Internet: 25 Links to Christmas
Seriously, though, in just four days, the season's over for another year, and there are no good holidays until the Fall, so we have to make the most of what we have right now...even when we're killing time in cold blood on the Internet. Hopefully, the stuff behind these 25 Christmas links will help.
Oh, and you probably know it, but these links are best perused in the warm glow of a lighted Christmas tree with the even warmer glow of heavily spiked egg nog.
1. A great video adaption of Neil Gaiman's Nicholas Was.
2. Ever wonder what happened to the original Santa and Rudolph puppets from the Rankin-Bass Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?
3. A Star Wars droid-flake.
4. Unusual Christmas trees.
5. In case you didn't know about North Pole, Alaska.
6. Werner Herzog reads 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.
7. This man's in the record book for his Santa Claus collection.
8. And this man's in the record book for his snowman collection.
9. Is your house on fire, Clark?
10. Santa bribery gone wrong: Hotel apologizes for its $11 million Christmas tree.
11. Obligatory outrageous light decorations article. Bonus: No residences.
12. About 50% of the United States will have a white Christmas, making it obvious which states were on the Naughty List and which were on the Nice.
13. How to raise reindeer (unfortunately, not in the vertical sense).
14. Fun, simple game where you're Mrs. Claus machine-gunning down all the greedy children that caused Santa to commit suicide.
15. Great Manhattan Christmas tradition where school kids visit the grave of the man who wrote 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.
16. An account of my own visit last season with the Budweiser Clydesdales, official horse of Christmas.
17. "The city that Santa's corpse built."
18. Is Santa Claus buried in this Irish town? Plus, my own visit at the ruins of a nearby monastery.
19. They say that this is the most disturbing Christmas movie ever. Based on the synopsis and pics, I'm willing to believe it.
20. Outtakes from Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas.
21. Random facts about some of our classic Christmas specials.
22. In Colombia, they use Christmas trees in their battle strategies.
23. Yes, Virginia, you killed Rudolph.
24. 20 science fiction Christmas decorations.
25. Mr. T + Santa Clause + White House equals cozy holiday memories for all.